Removals in Maidenhead
We at Blue Sky Relocations are a white glove company in Maidenhead that can help you with your moving process. No matter if you are looking for home removal or business removals, we can be at your service. No matter if you want to move down the road or across the UK, we can help take the stress out of moving day.
Before you get started with the moving process, you can get a free quote with us to see how well we fit into your budget. From there, we can simply set a date and help you with your move.
Our expert team are trained to move fragile and large items, as well as all of the tiny objects. So, we can offer premium service from start to finish to help pack up, move, and unpack your belongings.
Why choose us?
There are many reasons to choose us. Not only do we care for your belongings like they are our own, but we also have over 15 years of experience in the field of moving both houses and businesses.
For moving day, we can help pack your goods and we supply our own packing materials. So, all you need to do when using our services is to book with us and we will take care of the rest. We use heavy-duty packing crates at no extra cost to you, which will mean your goods can stay safe during the moving process.
We are up for any challenge so no matter your moving needs, we will ensure to accommodate. Even if your request seems above and beyond what you would normally expect from a removal company, we will ensure to do our best to meet your needs.
Furthermore, we have complete customer satisfaction. With over 200 positive reviews from our previous customers, you can ensure that you will attain the same level of professional service from our team. We ensure to cater to all needs and locations across the UK, so you can be sure to find the best help for moving day.
Our white-glove moving company is rooted in the fine details, so we will ensure to take care of the entire moving process from start to finish. We won’t expect you to pack up the belongings. Instead, we can take care of that for you so that you can focus on the other aspects of moving. We know how hectic moving can be so we will make sure to manage this aspect of moving so that you can attain a stress-free and unrivalled moving process.
What is the average house price in Maidenhead?
Maidenhead is a great place to purchase a property. But how much does a house in Maidenhead actually cost?
The overall average cost of houses in Maidenhead is around £600,000. While this is a high average, Maidenhead boasts excellent transport links to Windsor, Reading, and London – it is less than thirty miles from the capital. This average also takes into account the many different kinds of houses that you can purchase in Maidenhead. These can vary widely in price point, based on the size of the property and its location in Maidenhead. For example, the area of Maidenhead Central is seen as one of the most affordable areas, with an average house price of a little more than £400,000 compared to the overall average.
- Detached houses: Over the past year, detached homes across Maidenhead were one of the most popular. These houses can sell at anywhere between £660,000 to more than £1 million – with higher price points being common.
- Semi-detached and terraced houses: Two, three and four-bedroom semi-detached homes are often less expensive than detached houses. Depending on the number of bedrooms, the age of the home and its postcode, you can expect to pay from around £250,000 to over £600,000. Terraced homes can also reach the upper end of that scale, but can begin at a little over £200,000.
- Flats and apartments: For those seeking a smaller space, Maidenhead flats and apartments come out at an average of around £320,000, with some costing as little as £180,000.
What is the average cost of rent in Maidenhead?
Moving to Maidenhead can be an exciting time. For those looking to rent, what is the average cost of this – and what type of property is available?
The overall average cost of rent in Maidenhead comes out at over £1200 per month. This can vary based on the size of the property, but it is also more than the national average across much of the UK.
- House rental cost: House rental costs can vary depending on the style of home chosen. For example, a detached home with period or luxury features can be between £2000 and £3000 per month. More typical houses are around £1500 for a detached property, and £1350-£1600 for a semi-detached or terraced home.
- Flat and apartment rental cost: Flats and apartments can be a more affordable and compact way to live in Maidenhead. This is often ideal for commuters. For purpose-built apartment blocks, you can pay as much as or more than you might for a house. An apartment in such a block could cost around £1500 to £2000, with a studio flat or one bedroom elsewhere costing as little as £900 per month.
- House share cost: For those seeking a house share, the overall rental cost can be much lower. Shared properties can cost around £500 per tenant, and may have bills included in the rental cost.
Things to Do in Maidenhead
As a popular market town in a beautiful location, there is plenty to see and do in and around Maidenhead. You will find cinemas and places to eat, as well as some incredible days out.
- Bray Lake: Bray Lake is a beautiful spot for Maidenhead residents to visit – especially those who love watersports. There is a range of different water sports on offer here. You can try kayaking, sail a dinghy, or even enjoy a swim in the natural open waters.
- BCA Zoo: For those with children and animal lovers, BCA Zoo is a must-visit. You can see exotic animals like meerkats, lemurs and African pygmy goats, as well as more familiar creatures. Booking a visit means you can learn all about these fascinating animals.
- Ray Mill Island: Get to know the natural beauty of the Maidenhead area when you visit Ray Mill Island. With a countryside park and gardens, the island itself takes its name from the flour mill that used to operate here. Take a picnic and enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Maidenhead Heritage Centre: If you are looking to find out more about the history of Maidenhead and the surrounding area, then the Maidenhead Heritage Centre is a great choice. This museum traces Maidenhead’s history from Roman times to the modern day.
- Windsor Castle: Heading a little further afield, Windsor Castle is less than seven miles from Maidenhead. This offers a wonderful day out to both locals and newcomers to the area. There are also tours of Windsor, both on foot and on buses, so you can learn more about this historic spot.
Schools & Education in Maidenhead
If you are moving to Maidenhead with children, finding the right school is essential. What does the area have to offer in terms of education?
- Pre-school and nursery school: For those with young children, there are many options for pre-schools or nursery schools with an Ofsted rating of Outstanding. Boyne Hill CofE Infant and Nursery School care for children from ages 3-7, while Birdwood Nursery offers sessional day care for young children. Braywick Court School, an academy, takes children from ages 2-11.
- Primary school: For primary-aged children, there are many schools on offer, also with Outstanding ratings. Furze Platt Junior School offers places to children from ages 7-11, while Lowbrook Academy takes on children from 5 years old, as does Oldfield Primary.
- Secondary school: When it comes to secondary or senior schools, there are single and mixed-gender options with high ratings from parents and Ofsted alike. Furze Platt Senior School is a mixed-gender school that educates children up to the age of 18, while Newlands Girls School is one of the highest-rated schools in the area offering places to 11-18-year-old girls. Desborough College is a boys’ school for the same age range, which also comes highly recommended.