Removals in Reading
Office and House Removals for Reading
Blue Sky Relocation is a high-quality removals company that has a branch in Reading. We offer packing, moving, and storage solutions for both commercial and residential customers around Reading. We can help you move home, flat, or office within the local area – so, why not explore our key services that can be tailored to your needs.
The Trusted Reading Moving Company
Our Blue Sky Relocation removals company in Reading specialises in home and office removals, plus storage and packing. Whether you’re a homeowner looking to change address or company wanting bespoke services to transfer to a new location we always provide a professional service. We take customer service seriously and when you work with us, we always keep you informed and up to date on your move. With us, you never feel out of the loop.
The cost of a moving company in Reading depends on:
- The distance to be travelled
- The number and type of items that need to be packed, loaded and unloaded
- The furniture that needs to be disassembled and reassembled
The only way to get an accurate costing for your relocation is to talk to the removal firm. Get a quote for your Reading home or office move by contacting us today.
Property Prices in Reading
Reading property and rental prices vary greatly depending on which area you live in, but are slightly above the national average. Rent prices can vary from £785 a month for a one-bedroom up to £2100 a month for a five-bedroom. What makes Reading desirable is its comparative affordability compared to London.
Monthly Rental Prices in Reading
- One bedroom: £785
- Two bedrooms: £1173
- Three bedrooms: £1335
Reading Home Purchase Prices
- Detached £539,717
- Semi-detached home £434,557
- Terraced home £353,123
- Flat £239,717
Reading Housing Cost Comparison
This is how housing prices in Reading compare with other cities around the UK for the cost of purchasing a two-bedroom property.
- London is 175% more expensive than Reading.
- Oxford is 29% more expensive than Reading.
- Brighton is 43% more expensive than Reading.
- Manchester is 15% less expensive than Reading.
Getting Around and Commuting to Reading
One of the best reasons to move to Reading is because of its excellent transport links to London.
The National Rail has trains every 10 minutes from Reading station to Paddington and Waterloo Stations in London.
Reading also benefits from being just 16 miles from Heathrow Airport and having easy access to the M4 motorway.
- London Paddington Station: 45 miles / 23 via train
- Oxford: 25 miles / 22 minutes via train
- Southampton: 47 miles / 48 minutes via train
- Swindon: 40 miles / 26 minutes via train
Schools and Education in Reading
Reading has no shortage of top-rated schools with a wide range of opportunities between state, private, and independent institutions that are often ranked in the top 100 of the UK.
The University of Reading is rated top 250 universities in the world and top 30 in the UK.
The university boasts 17,000 students studying everything from agriculture to art to real estate. It boasts a vibrant campus community with an active student union and nightlife.
Things to Do in Reading
- Reading Abbey Ruins – Grade I listed abbey in ruins.
- Reading Museum – a local history from a Saxon settlement to the 21st century.
- The Oracle – shopping centre with more than 1000 shops to choose from.
- Prospect Park -a large, popular green space in West Reading.
- The Reading Festival – the world’s oldest pop music festival.