Removals in Southampton
Removal Companies Southampton
Blue Sky Relocation removals in Southampton are here and ready to help you with flat, house or office removals. Simply get in touch to discuss your requirements, and we’ll be happy to provide you with a quote. Our extensive network not only provides removal services in Southampton but further afield too – ideal if you’re moving across the country. Whether you’re looking to move home or move your business, we’ve got you covered.
The Trusted Southampton Moving Company
We are one of the UK’s leading removal firms, helping both residential and business customers all over the country to relocate. We provide a range of services that can help make your move smoother, faster and hassle-free. Our removals company in Southampton are friendly and efficient and will make sure your belongings are delivered safely to their destination.
The cost of a moving company in Southampton depends on:
- The distance to be travelled
- The number and type of items that need to be packed, loaded and unloaded
- The furniture that needs to be disassembled and reassembled
The only way to get an accurate costing for your relocation is to talk to the removal firm. Get a quote for your Southampton home or office move by contacting us today.
Property Prices in Southampton
Southampton’s property and rental prices are very affordable, especially when compared to similar cities around the UK and their advantageous location. Paired with its strong transport links and high-ranking schools makes Southampton an ideal place to live.
Monthly Rental Prices in Southampton
- One bedroom: £670
- Two bedrooms: £940
- Three bedrooms: £1169
Southampton Home Purchase Prices
- Detached £470,912
- Semi-detached home £314,860
- Terraced home £275,119
- Flat £184,671
Southampton Housing Cost Comparison
This is how housing costs in Southampton compared with other cities around the UK for the cost of purchasing a two-bedroom property.
- London is 248% more expensive than Southampton.
- Portsmouth is 5% more expensive than Southampton.
- Brighton is 80% more expensive than Southampton.
- Bristol is 43% more expensive than Southampton.
Best Places to Live in Southampton
Located in the southern tip of Southampton and recently redeveloped with opportunities for work, play, and leisure. Plenty of activities perfect for families and young couples.
A student-friendly residential area in the city centre of Southampton. Located between the golf courses and The Common makes it an ideal place for families and students.
Closely located at the University of Southampton, city centre, and bordering The Common. The streets are lined with stunning Victorian and Edwardian homes.
Bitterne Park and Village
Located on the eastern side of the River Itchen, these neighbourhoods are family-friendly, blending affordability, high-rated education, and lots of things to do via shops and restaurants.
Located outside of Southampton but popular for commuters. Perfect for those looking for historic architecture and a small community environment. Only 18 minutes by train to the city centre of Southampton.
Getting Around and Commuting to Southampton
Southampton is located on the southern coast of England with easy access to The Solent which is why it became such an important port city. It also benefits from the M3 motorway that runs directly from Southampton to London.
Southampton is also home to an international airport, serviced by 5 bus companies and the National Rail.
The local bus in Southampton is City Red, and to reach areas across south Hampshire use Bluestar.
- London: 80 miles
- Portsmouth: 20 miles
- Bournemouth: 33 miles
- Brighton: 65 miles
- Bristol: 101 miles
Schools and Education in Southampton
Southampton is known as a university town. Home to the University of Southampton and Southampton Solent University for a combined student population of 40,000! The University of Southampton is one of the top 100 universities in the world and has a strong emphasis on research.
According to Gov.UK, there are 62 schools and colleges (out of 375) with an Ofsted rating of Outstanding within a 15-mile radius of Southampton.
Things to Do in Southampton
- Tudor House and Garden – historic building and museum reflecting the lifestyle of the Tudor period.
- SeaCity Museum – permanent exhibits for the RMS Titanic and local history
- Solent Sky Museum – highlights Southampton’s contributions to aviation
- St. Mary’s Stadium – catch Southampton F.C. play in the Premier League
- Southampton Town Walls – defensive walls built in the 1300s and important until the 1600s.
- Westquay – a shopping centre containing over 130 shops including John Lewis and Partners, Zara, Apple, and more.
- The Common – 327-acres of green space in Southampton that also hosts community events and festivals
- Bargate – a Grade 1 medieval gatehouse in the city centre